Register Now for Tour the Towpath
Registration for the 3rd Annual Tour the Towpath is now open!
Tour the Towpath 2017 takes place September 23-24, 2017 and is organized by our friends at the Madison County Planning Department. For more info and to register visit the NEW website: www.TourtheTowpath.com
Tour the Towpath 2017 pricing: $20 for adults, $15 for kids ($30 after September 1st). Option to add shuttle service during registration.
- Tour the Towpath is a supported 36+ mile recreational bike ride event in Central New York along the Old Erie Canal – the most famous canal in history!
- Tour the Towpath 2017 is not a race but a site-seeing, recreational adventure cycle that begins in Rome, NY and follows the off-road Old Erie Canal Towpath trail for 36 miles to DeWitt, NY with an option to bike to the Inner Harbor in Syracuse (additional 10 miles). Tour the Towpath is a family friendly event and open to cyclists of all abilities.
- There are lots of organized and spontaneous things to discover along the way! Riders will receive a map and guide to the many attractions, museums, restaurants, shops, and historic sites that they can explore in the communities that the route encounters on the way from Rome to Syracuse. All participants end at the World Canal Conference Kick-off Celebration at the Inner Harbor in Syracuse.
- 1 and 2 day ride options available. The recommended option is the standard two day ride. All two day riders will stay overnight and enjoy live entertainment at the halfway point in the Village of Canastota, NY!
- For more info please visit: www.TourtheTowpath.com