Upcoming Teacher Workshop:
Tuesday, August 8, 2017 from 9:30 AM – 1:00 PM
- Earn 3 CTLE Hours. Certificates will only be provided to those that attend the complete workshop.
- Learn about the Erie Canal’s origins and its impact on Central New York and the United States.
- Add lessons that will strengthen instruction of history and other subjects.
- Tour the Erie Canal Museum and the country’s only remaining weighlock, a unique Erie Canal artifact.
- Create lessons for use on and after visits to the Museum.
- Learn about Ticket to Ride, which reimburses districts for expenses associated with Erie Canal field trips.
- Share ideas for instruction in Social Studies and other subjects with colleagues
Presenters: Martha Lawson, Chestnut Hill Middle School, Liverpool, and Erie Canal Museum staff and volunteers.
Curriculum Guides & Classroom Activities
In Spring 2016, students from the Cooperstown Graduate Program in Museum Studies developed 4th and 7th grade curriculum resources for teachers utilizing the Erie Canal Museum.