Please fill out the form below for all research or image requests. Our curator will contact you shortly.
The Erie Canal Museum offers research services for $30 per hour, with a one-hour minimum charge. This fee is waived for students and Museum Members get the first hour free.
The Erie Canal Museum Collections are available to researchers by appointment only, and scheduling is based on staff availability. We strongly encourage researchers contact the Museum at least one month prior to when you would like to visit. The onsite research fee is $40 for the first day and $10 per day after that. This fee is waived for students and Museum Members get 50% off.
Image Use Policy
- High Resolution digital images from the Museum’s collection may be purchased. The Erie Canal Museum retains the ownership of the image. If a negative or a scan needs to be made, the customer pays for the cost associated with use and processing.
- Use Fees:
- One-time use only: $50.00 per image
- World-wide use, 10 years use rights: $150.00 per image
- Photograph Processing Fees: To be determined on an individual basis.
- Pre-payment is required before the sale proceeds. Make check payable to Erie Canal Museum or pay online.
- Images must be credited as follows: Image courtesy Erie Canal Museum, Syracuse, NY, www.eriecanalmuseum.org