By joining the Erie Canal Museum, you’re doing more than gaining access to all of the great benefits of membership. Being a Member of the Museum means investing in one of the major assets that makes our community a great place in which to live, work, and play. In gratitude for that support, we offer our Members many quality benefits.
This year the Erie Canal Museum is asking you to join us by becoming a Museum Member. We have set a goal to add 100 new members and increase our membership income by 20% by the end of 2022. We are about halfway there, but we need your help! If you are not a Museum Member already, you can click here to join now. If you are a Member, thank you! We ask you to spread the work to others who you think might be interested in supporting the Erie Canal Museum and consider upgrading your support this year. As a added bonus this year, we’re holding quarterly drawings for prizes!
Our prize for the second quarter, which will be drawn in October, is four passes to the George Eastman Museum in Rochester, which, like the Erie Canal Museum, holds an annual gingerbread display
There are several ways you can be entered into the raffle:
- Become a member, if you aren’t one already,
- Renew your membership,
- Upgrade your current membership contribution by $20 or more, and
- Refer a new member
All Erie Canal Museum Memberships cover the whole family (two adults and children 18 & under).
[Students, senior citizens, military personnel, and educators may receive a $10 discount on all member levels! Use coupon code 10OFF at checkout.]
Basic Level – $50-$124
- Membership card for up to two people
- Erie Canal Museum tote bag (can choose to pick it up, have it mailed, or not receive a tote)
- 10% off purchases in the Museum Shop (online too!)
- One-Year subscription to the Canal Packet newsletter
- One free hour of research services and 50% off on-site research fee
- Discounts on Museum programs
- Family Pass (admission for up to 6) to the Gingerbread Gallery
Canaller – $125-$249
- All Basic membership benefits
- Reciprocal membership in the Council of American Maritime Museums providing free admission to 75+ member museums nationwide.
Locktender – $250-$499
- All Canaller membership benefits
- Special thank you annually in the Canal Packet newsletter
- Two Family Passes to the Gingerbread Gallery
- All Locktender membership benefits
- Five free hours of research services
- Private tour of the Erie Canal Museum for up to ten guests